National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (NHFDC)National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (NHFDC) (External website that opens in a new window)
Concessional Loans for Economic Activities
Schemes of NHFDC
The corporation provides financial assistance for wide range of income generating activities to disabled persons. These are:
- For setting up small business in Service / Trading sector : Loan up to Rs. 3.0 lakh for sales / trading activity and Rs. 5.0 lakh for service sector activity
- For purchase of vehicle including auto rikshaw for commercial hiring: Loan upto Rs. 10 lakh.
- For setting up small industrial unit: Loan upto Rs. 25 lakh. Loan assistance is provided to disabled persons for manufacturing, fabrication and production.
- For Agricultural activities: Loan upto Rs. 10 lakh Loan assistance is provided to disabled persons for agricultural production, irrigation, horticulture, sericulture, purchase of agricultural machinery / equipment for agricultural services, marketing of agricultural products etc.
- For self-employment amongst persons with mental retardation, cerebral palsy and autism: Loan upto Rs. 5 lakh, In such cases, the financial assistance is extended through parents or spouse or legal guardian of the dependant mentally disabled person.
- Loan for Professional / Educational / Training courses: Loan upto Rs. 7.50 lakh for studies in India and upto Rs. 15 lakh for studies abroad.
- Micro Credit Scheme by State Channelising Agencies implemented through NGOs. - Loan upto Rs 5 lakh for each NGO and Rs. 25,000/- for each beneficiary.
- Parents' Association of mentally retarded persons - Loan upto Rs. 5 lakh
- Financial Assistance for Skills & Entrepreneurial Development (in the form of grant to channelising agencies/reputed training institutions for imparting skills and entrepreneurial development training to disabled persons)
Eligibility Criteria for availing credit
- Any Indian Citizen with 40% or more disability.
- Age between 18 and 60 years.
- Annual income below Rs.5,00,000/- (Rupees Five Lakh only) per annum for urban areas and Rs.3,00,000/- (Rupees Three Lakh only) per annum for rural areas.
- Relevant educational / technical / vocational qualification / experience and background.
Rates of Interest
|Sl. No.||Loan Amount||Rate of Interest (Per Annum)|
|2.||Above Rs. 50,000/- and upto Rs. 5 lakh||6%|
|3.||Above Rs. 5.0 lakh||8%|
General scheme of financing: within 10 years, Education loan-within 7 years (after 6 months from the date of completion of course or after getting the job, whichever is earlier), Micro Credit Loan: within 3 years.
A special rebate of 1% on interest is given to women with disabilities in all the schemes of NHFDC.
Procedure for obtaining loan
Applications on prescribed format to be submitted through the State Channelising Agencies (SCAs) of NHFDC. The address of SCAs are given in Annexure-I (-1 ) (PDF file that opens in a new window).
(For further details, log on to NHFDC website: www.nhfdc.org (External website that opens in a new window))